Friday, January 23, 2009

Reunited and it "tastes" so good




Poor Joey lost his last blanket just days after his hospital stay. I noticed him becoming quite fond of this certain blanket when he was just 1 year old so I cut it into four pieces. He somehow has managed to lose all of them, or so we thought.
It's been a week, and his Aunt Mera told me today "hey, I have one of Joey's blankets at my house." HALLELUJAH!!! Let's just say I'm thrilled. He's been doing pretty darn well without it during the day, but waking up quite a bit at night and not settling back down very easily. He is upstairs right now taking the best nap since he lost the blanket. Here are pictures of him with it soon after we came home from going to get it. He is SO HAPPY to have it back!!, as am I. That one is not leaving the house. It will be strictly for naptime and bedtime. We can't risk anything happening to that blue piece of cloth he calls "me me" (Short e sound)

3 comments:

Pam said...

O nothing like the secruity of a blankie. He looks so happy. How smart you are to cut it into four pieces. The others are bound to show up.

Amanda said...

Yay! So glad a piece was found!

Woods Family said...

my mom used to call my blankie "the most important thing" - it IS (considering it is still in my bed!) hurray to the blankie find! soooo happy he is feeling better - such a scare!