Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Joshie's first day of Preschool!

Joshie did pretty well. He was very excited about the backpack and the fact he got to hold the sign for the picture. He liked walking in to his classroom and hanging up his backpack but as soon as he saw Joey, Caleb and me head for the door the tears started to come. It was very sad.
But, when I came back and got him three hours later he was happily playing with some dinosaurs. The teacher said as soon as he went and got his blanket out of his backpack he did fine. I asked if that was ok to bring, and she said "of course, he's only 3." So, that's good news. If he's got his blanket he'll do just fine. Some of the other kids were starting to lose it by the end of the day but Joshie was doing great. He was excited to tell me about the "Kissing Hand" book they read and show me his first painting. He was assigned to bring the snack that day and told me that the kids said "Thank you Mr. Joshua." Needless to say, he asked if he could bring the snack next time too. When it is their turn to bring snacks they are also the "teacher's helper." He thought that was pretty cool too. I'm not so sure he'll be so thrilled on Wednesday when he has to give over the title. I am so proud of him for making it the full three hours and for having a good day. I must say I was a little worried about how he'd do. But, he surprised us all and did wonderfully! GO JOSHIE!!

1 comment:

boo and stacy said...

YEA JOSHIE!! That is so precious:))